At Hacketts Florist and Gifts we are committed to protecting your privacy and we take confidentiality and the security of your personal data very seriously.
- what personal data we collect from you
- why we need to collect personal data and how we use the personal data we collect from you
- storage, protection and sharing of your personal data
- your rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you
What personal data do we collect?
The types of personal data that we will collect, store or process includes the following:
- your contact details you provide when placing an order (your name, address, phone number, email address)
- recipient and delivery details you provide when placing an order (recipient name, address, phone number, email address, special delivery instructions, personal information about connected individuals)
- occasions for which you purchase goods
- your payment card details
- personal data provided through the “My Account” feature (customer title, name, phone number, address, email address, stored payment details)
- personal data we collect when you complete one of our contact request forms (name, address, phone number, email address)
- information relating to usage of our website using cookies such as pages visited
- voluntary customer feedback
- other customer care issues or concerns
How we use the personal data we collect from you
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to fulfil and process your order
- to provide the best service possible
- to process payment and carry out identity verification
- to provide data to any third party florist who is required to fulfil your order
- to aid delivery of product
- to provide order confirmation, delivery status notification as required
- for customer care purposes
- to address any customer care issues with respect to product or service
- to contact you with any queries, changes or issues with your order
- to obtain customer feedback
- for marketing purposes
- to keep you up to date with new products, offers, competitions, promotions and events
- to enable a better user experience when visiting our website by using cookies
- internal business improvement
- improving customer experience by obtaining customer feedback
- to develop new and improved products and services
You can set your browser not to accept these cookies and you can also remove cookies from your computer. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our website if cookies are disabled.
Where our website contains links to other websites you should read the respective privacy policies of these external websites.
Storage, protection and sharing of your personal data
How do we store and protect your personal data?
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy rights and ensuring that your personal data is safe and secure.
We use administrative, organisational, technical and physical safeguards to protect personal data. Our security controls are designed to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, disclosure and use. We regularly test our website and systems for security vulnerabilities. We handle payment card data in a manner consistent with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS).
Our safeguards involve measures including:
- physically secure storage areas
- review of our data collection, storage and processing practices
- security controls to protect our IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access
- internal policies
- awareness and training for employees
We regularly review any personal data that we store to ensure it is accurate and up to date. Please notify us if you find any inaccuracies to enable us to delete and/or correct it promptly
Who do we need to share your personal data with?
We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties parties for marketing purposes.
We will only share your personal data with third party suppliers to enable processing and fulfilment of the order for which you engaged us. Third party suppliers may include:
- third party florists
- financial/payment service providers
- IT suppliers and vendors
Personal data that is shared with third party Interflora florists is protected by the Interflora Florist Member Data Sharing Agreement (D-Share). If you wish to see a copy of this agreement please contact us.
The personal data that is shared with payment service providers and IT suppliers/vendors is protected by their respective privacy and security policies.
In addition to the third party suppliers mentioned above, we may need to provide your personal data to law enforcement or government agencies to comply with legal requirements, investigations, legal claims which may include addressing fraud, prevention of illegal activities, protection of rights and safety of others.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will only retain your data for the purposes set out in this policy and to comply with legal and industry requirements. Minimum retention periods are set depending on the category of personal data, however the longest we will normally hold personal data is 7 years after the last engagement with each customer.
We reserve the right to retain data for longer where we believe it to be in our legitimate interest to do so.
What can you do to protect your personal data?
In addition to our responsibilities regarding personal data, you should also ensure that you take responsibility to safeguard your own data. If you are using a computing device in a public location you should always log out of any of your accounts and close the website browser you have been using once you have finished your online session.
If you create an account in the “My Account” section on our website you must keep your password private and avoid using the same password for multiple accounts. We recommend regularly changing your password which you can do within your account.
Your rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you
We may contact you if you have completed one of our contact request forms to enable us to keep you informed of promotions, offers and events. If you no longer wish to receive communications with regards to these offers and events you have the right to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes and can request the removal of your personal contact details.
If you are unhappy with how your data is processed you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority for data protection. In the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office.